- This event has passed.
Salt Yoga (evening)
October 6 @ 6:00 pm - 6:45 pm
An event every 2 weeks that begins at 6:00pm on Friday, repeating until November 30, 2017
Join us for a unique yoga experience that integrates breathing practices, gentle stretching and relaxation techniques surrounded by the healing properties of salt therapy. Salt Yoga is an increasingly popular approach of offering yoga in the Salt therapy room to provide combined benefits of yoga with that of salt therapy. Yoga practice deepens the breathing & breathing deep in the salt room helps the salt air penetrate even deeper into the lungs. This enhances the natural detox of the respiratory system, thereby increasing the lung capacity and stamina besides the overall health & peace attained from such a practice. Our Salt Yoga class is designed for all levels & is safe for all ages tweens and up. It involves slow-paced movements of targeted classical yoga poses with harmonious breath work & deep relaxation. Clinical studies have shown that Salt Yoga may especially aid those suffering from breathing problems, lack of sleep, skin disorders, fatigue, etc. In addition, one can save time & money by receiving the best of the two worlds at the same time and place in addition to improving the quality of life. Within the walls of this restorative setting, each student will receive guidance and support allowing them to create a balance between mind, body and spirit. This class is perfect for those new to yoga as well as those with previous experience.
Ages & Level: Tweens & up. Beginners & all Levels welcome. (A supervising adult must participate when a child under 12 is signed up.)
**Space is limited. Please reserve your mat in advance. Cancellations may be made up until one hour before class. Thank you. 828-855-9980**
- Wear comfortable breathable non-slip yoga wear.
- Bring your own mat or purchase a quality yoga therapy mat from the instructor.
- Observe silence the moment you step into the space and hopefully after you finish class as well. This will help you keep your peace within.
- Follow instructor advice on adjustments and modifications. Instructor’s guidance is given for your own safety and well being.
- Avoid wearing perfumes the day of your session.
- Follow advice on meal gap and other suggestions related to your specific service. Typically, you want to have min. of 1-2 hours gap depending on light to heavy meal before yoga class involving movement.
- Be honest and prompt in notifying your yoga instructor/ practitioner ahead of time if you have any limitations or health needs so she can better assist you during your session.